Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Growth Mindset Challenge: Not Yet Mentality


These past few weeks I have been really down on myself. I am always really stressed and freaking out about my grades. I am honestly just so tired of it. I am really discouraged and just bummed. I made a bad grade on my Physical Chemistry test while my friends did really well. It just stinks. I am really stressed about my future and getting into graduate school. I want to change my mindset into a growth mindset instead of my panicky fixed mindset. I just have too much pride I guess, and I have a lot of people to answer to. It is just really hard. This week I have decided to work on changing my mindset from fixed to growth. I know that it will probably take me a lot longer than a week to change that, but I need to start trying now because I am so tired of constantly feeling this way. Whenever I fail, believe me that will happen a lot this week, I am going to try the “not yet” mentality. This is my goal! I am going to really try and do this!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Jordan, I just noticed your post: school can be so stressful! Argh!!! So explore the growth mindset stuff and H.E.A.R.T. resources for this class and see if you can find anything to help you get to the other side of this bad patch. There's a really fabulous video you might like by a music teacher here: see what you think! Zander always makes me feel better about learning and about life:
    Zander - On Work
    I'm thinking good thoughts for you!!!

    ReplyDelete