Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 11 Reading Diary: The Mahabharata continued


Well I finally finished the Mahabharata by Peter Brook! It was fantastic! I did not write a story on it last week just because I was not really sure what I wanted to do it over, and I was so busy last week. Just a brief wrap up of the Mahabharata though that really stuck out to me were: both Duryodhana and Yudhishthira thought they had the right to be king. Arjuna’s son, Abhimanyu, killed Duryodhana’s son and defeated Duryodhana. He was great in his fight but eventually was killed. This was so sad for me! Abhimanyu was doing so great killing all these great warriors and eventually dies in battle. For some reason Arjuna and Draupadi were my favorite characters as you can tell. I have been writing about them for weeks now. When Arjuna found out the death of his talented son, Abhimanyu, he was furious and vowed to kill Jayadratha by the next day at sunset. Arjuna killed Jayadratha- which was a good think honestly because if he did not fulfill his vow he was going to have to kill himself. Poor Abhimanyu had a son! The sons name was Parikshit. He was next in line to the throne after Yudhishthira. I am so sad the Mahabharata is over, but I am excited to start something new. I need some more interesting story ideas to add to my portfolio!




The Mahabharata by Peter Brook

No comments:

Post a Comment