Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 11 Reading Diary: The Monkey-Bridge, Twenty Jataka Tales by Inayat


I will admit, I was a little disappointed having to search for something to read. I just really loved the Mahabharata and the Ramayana. It is just hard to give those up. However, I am absolutely so excited to be reading Twenty Jatakas Tales by Inayat. They are just little jataka tales about the past lives of Buddha. I learned a lot about Hindu, so I wanted to switch gears and learn a little bit about Buddha. I am seriously loving this class so much! The very first story entitled the Monkey-Bridge was just so sad but also heart warming. The chief monkey gave up his life to save his followers. He told the future king to lead with love. I thought that was so profound. I am an intern for Sooners for Christ, and I am constantly busy working and helping people, so it was nice to have a little reminder about how we should help and lead people. I really like being able to read multiple diverse tales. I think this gives me more ideas and variety to work with when it is time to do a storytelling. I wonder what Hector will do next!


The Monkey-King saving his followers from danger


Inayat, Twenty Jataka Tales


No comments:

Post a Comment