Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Week 12 Reading Diary: The Two Pigs, Twenty Jataka Tales by Inayat


Oh, I am absolutely ecstatic to finish my Portfolio! I am very pleased the way it is turning out. I am a little sad that I cannot add more stories to it. I read Part 2 of the Twenty Jataka tales by Inayat. To line up with my Portfolio, of course I chose the story of The Two Pigs. I wish to definitely include it in my Storytelling this week. I already have several ideas! Two little pigs were invited into a little old woman’s home. She took care of the little pigs like they were her children. One day, men tried to come and kill them for their meet, but the little old woman would not do it. They got the woman drunk and tried to get the pigs but one of the little pigs said, “Bathe in the pool of water as on a bright feast-day, And you shall find a perfume that never fades away.” He goes on to explain that the water is love and love is the fragrance that never fades away. What a precious story! I am loving the Jataka Tales!



No comments:

Post a Comment