Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Week 14 Reading Diary: Jataka Tales by Francis and Thomas Part C




I read Part C of Jataka Tales by Francis and Thomas. I found the story of The Three Fishes to be particularly interesting. I had to really think about the story to be honest. The story began about three fish that were described as Very thoughtful, Thoughtless, and Duly thoughtful. I would think that the very thoughtful fish would be what you would want to be right? But, the Duly thoughtful fish was the one that saved the day. I could also be interpreting this in the completely opposite way as what I am supposed to. But anyway, the story goes that the Duly thoughtful fish tells the other to fish that they need to leave because the area where they were was very dangerous because there were a lot of fishermen in that area. The other two fish were so lazy that they just stayed until one day the Very thoughtful fish and the Thoughtless fish swam into a fisherman’s net. The Duly thoughtful fish saved them by acting like a fish that broke out of the net. They were all able to escape because of the Duly thoughtful and the other two fish owed their lives to him.  


No comments:

Post a Comment