Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 14 Famous Last Words

Going into this Marathon, I knew I wouldn't PR. I knew it was going to be hard and miserable, but I think it honestly was my favorite race yet. I really just did some hard examining of the heart, and I came out with true thankfulness. I have an awesome mother that taught me how to be independent and never told me a dream wasn't realistic. I have the biggest cheerleader for a sister that I am more proud of than she will ever know. A role model that I have had in my life ever since I could remember that showed me doing things on your own is not only empowering but makes you a strong person. I think that is important, and everyone should have a Chanda in their life. I have a Bickel and Cheryl that treat me like a granddaughter and will take care of me as such. I have the greatest group of friends a girl could ask for. I have a Jasmine that made the best signs and has the sweetest soul, a Mikaela that is always up for any adventure and is absolutely hilarious, a Rhett that has a heart of gold, and the absolute best boyfriend in the ENTIRE world. I also have a Kristen and a Jill that got me an awesome shirt that I got to wear during the race, that was seriously so special to me for them to even think of me. What made this race my favorite yet was I got the opportunity to celebrate in my friends successes, and that seriously was better than any PR any day. My friend Emmily completed her first marathon. It made me tear up a little bit getting to see her with that medal around her neck. Her story isn't mine to tell, but she is the most determined person I have ever met. My friend Sydney also completed her first marathon. She completely kicked booty and is super fast! Kristen and Lauren completed their first half, and I could not be more giddy for them. We got to see them at mile 7 and that was my favorite moment during the race! I am so beyond blessed with the best! 



Rhett, Mikaela, Kevin, me, Jasmine, and Emmily
Photo courtesy of my mom :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment